In the North of Vietnam, Tam Coc, a beautiful natural setting in Ninh Binh province known as the Halong Bay on land we have very near Hanoi. Tam Coc is located about 90 kilometers south of Hanoi in Ninh Binh province (home of the Tran dynasty) and 7 kilometres to the West of the city of Ninh Binh.
Tam Coc which means 3 caves, is a zone of Vietnam that elapses between rice paddies, bathed by the Ngo Dong River punctuated by karstic rock formations and limestone caves. The rock formations, caves, water and landscape have made Tam Coc to know popularly as Halong Bay on land or between rice paddies Halong Bay.
- Admire the stunning scenery of limestone outcrops and visit limestone caves in Tam Coc on a sampan boat ride
- View the typical daily life of Vietnamese rustics while taking an scenic trek on green fields and under the shades of sheer mountains
- Enjoy tasty Vietnamese lunch at a local restaurant with the area’s specialties
Day 1: Hanoi – Van Long – Tam Coc (L)
Pick up early at your hotel in Hanoi, drive to Ninh Binh (about 2.5 hours drive)
09:30-10:00 am: arrive at house on stilt of Van Long to get bicycle, biking through hamlets, visiting temples, pagodas, commonhouse and countryside market…(7 km)
11:15 am: Going to Cau Vang hamlet (Golden Bridge) at Gia Hoa commune to take part in working with the local farmers: Catching crabs, fishing, transplanting rice in the field and bail out water in 1 hour.
12:20 noon times: Guests will cook with the local family and with the instruction of Chef from Van Long house on stilt
14:30: Continue to bike to watering place. Take a boat to see Van Long lagoon in 2 hours
17:00: Transfer to your hotel by car.
Overnight in Ninh Binh
Day 2: Tam Coc caves – bicycling to Bich Dong – Dinh & Le Temple – Hanoi (B, L)
08:30 am: take boat trip on the scenic Ngo Dong river to visit Tam Coc which is known as Halong Bay on land. Boating in a sampan on the winging river watching the local life is an excellent idea you should not miss.
10:00 -11:00: cycling to Bich Dong pagoda (about 5km for return ways), enjoy your real experience in the beautiful scenery of lush paddy fields.
Back Tam Coc for lunch at local restaurant & check-out hotel.
In the afternoon, visit as well the ancient dynasty temples of Dinh and Le King then transfer by car back to Hanoi.
Arrive Hanoi by 17:00, drop off at your hotel.
- Private transfers round trip.
- English speaking guide.
- Accommodation with daily breakfast.
- Extra meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Sightseeing fees and permits during guided time
Tour does not includes
- Pre & post trip arrangements.
- Travel insurance (compulsory)
- Food & drinks not mentioned within the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Expenses of a personal nature such as bar bills, laundry and telephone charges
- Other services not clearly described in the program
For more information about Vietnam Adventure tours, please visit our website. Have a nice trip!