“Cà phê Sài Gòn” which translates to Saigon coffee. Saigon coffee refers to the unique coffee culture and style of coffee preparation that are popular in Ho Chi Minh City (formerly known as Saigon), Vietnam.
Saigon coffee is known for its strong and intense flavor. It is typically made using a small metal drip filter called a “phin.” The coffee grounds are placed in the phin, hot water is poured over the grounds, and then the coffee slowly drips into a cup below. The resulting coffee is often served with condensed milk or sugar, although you can also request it without any additives.
Saigon coffee is enjoyed by locals and visitors alike and can be found in numerous coffee shops and street stalls throughout the city. It is often served over ice, creating a refreshing iced coffee known as “cà phê đá.”
If you have the opportunity to visit Ho Chi Minh City, trying Saigon coffee is highly recommended. It offers a unique and delicious coffee experience that reflects the vibrant coffee culture of the city.
Here is the list of known Saigon coffees: Cà phê Sài Gòn”
- Café Lam (51 Đồng Khởi, District 1): A historic coffee shop with a charming atmosphere, known for its traditional Vietnamese coffee and delicious iced coffee.
- The Workshop Coffee (27 Ngô Đức Kế, District 1): A specialty coffee shop offering a wide selection of single-origin beans and expertly brewed coffee.
- Shin Coffee (13 Nguyễn Thiệp, District 1): A cozy café known for its quality Vietnamese coffee and unique coffee brewing methods.
- L’Usine (151/1 Đồng Khởi, District 1): A trendy café that combines a stylish atmosphere with excellent coffee and a range of food options.
- Trung Nguyên Legend Café (264A Nam Kỳ Khởi Nghĩa, District 3): A famous coffee chain in Vietnam known for its traditional Vietnamese coffee and blends.
- Saigon Coffee Roastery (151 Nguyễn Đình Chính, Phú Nhuận District): A local roastery and café offering a variety of coffee beans and brewing methods.
- Du Mien Garden Coffee (197 Nguyễn Văn Hưởng, Thảo Điền, District 2): A tranquil garden café where you can enjoy a cup of coffee surrounded by greenery.
- Cong Caphe (26 Lý Tự Trọng, District 1): A Vietnamese coffee chain with a nostalgic ambiance, known for its traditional coffee and unique décor.
- Kujuz Coffee (39 Hồ Văn Huê, Phú Nhuận District): A small and cozy café with a focus on high-quality Arabica beans and handcrafted coffee.
- The Vintage Emporium (95B Nguyễn Văn Thủ, Đa Kao, District 1): A vintage-themed café serving a variety of coffee drinks and baked goods.
- Café RuNam (110-112 Nguyễn Huệ, District 1): A luxurious café known for its elegant ambiance, high-quality coffee, and attentive service.
- Saigon Coffee Roastery (204 Lý Tự Trọng, District 1): Another branch of the Saigon Coffee Roastery chain, offering a cozy space to enjoy their specialty coffee blends.
- Mockingbird Coffee (14 Tôn Thất Đạm, District 1): A hidden gem with a relaxed atmosphere, known for its specialty coffee and creative brews.
- Goc Ha Noi Coffee (107A Nguyễn Văn Thủ, Đa Kao, District 1): A Hanoi-style coffee shop that serves traditional Vietnamese coffee in an authentic setting.
- Maison Marou (167-169 Cạnh Đường (Cô Giang), District 1): A chocolate-centric café that also serves excellent coffee made with locally sourced beans.
- Bosgaurus Coffee (17 Trần Ngọc Diện, Thảo Điền, District 2): A specialty coffee shop that roasts its own beans and offers a selection of brewing methods.
- The Morning Café (36 Lê Lợi, District 1): A charming café with a vintage vibe, serving both Vietnamese and international coffee blends.
- Saigon Oi Café (42 Điện Biên Phủ, District 1): A cozy café with a focus on organic, fair-trade coffee and a variety of brewing techniques.
- The Coffee House (Multiple locations): A popular Vietnamese coffee chain with branches all over the city, offering a range of coffee drinks to suit different preferences.
- Katinat Cafe is a recently established Vietnamese coffee chain with multiple locations throughout the city center areas. Known for its luxurious design, these cafes offer a stylish ambiance that allows you to enjoy your coffee while observing the bustling local traffic. With its strategic locations, Katinat Cafe provides a great vantage point for immersing yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of the city while savoring your favorite coffee brew.
While there are numerous excellent coffee shops in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), here is a list of 20 popular coffee shops that are highly regarded by locals and visitors alike: